Monday, Oct. 26
- INTRODUCTION TO THE DIGITAL LIBRARY: 10 a.m. to noon, EBR Carver Branch Library, Meeting Room 1, 720 Terrace St. Learn how to use the library’s databases to do scholarly research, download books, music, movies or find the next novel to read. No materials or registration required.
Tuesday, Oct. 27
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD EBOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY: 10 a.m. to noon, EBR Carver Branch Library, Meeting Room 1, 720 Terrace St. Learn how to use Ovedrive, the library’s major ebook downloading service, to download free ebooks to your laptop, tablet or ereader. No materials or registration required, but you can bring your device for personalized instruction.
Saturday, Oct. 31
- BOOK SALE: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., EBR Library Book Sale Facility, 234 Little John Drive. Last sale of the year. Sale includes hardback and paperback books, DVDs, CDs, magazines and more. Prices range 25 cents to $1. Cash only. (225) 231-3710.
Monday, Nov. 2
- NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH: 6-9 p.m., EBR Main Library, Conference Room No. 102, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Help put together 50,000 words on a brand new novel of your very own devising throughout the month of November.
Wednesay, Oct. 28
- NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH KICKOFF: 6-8 p.m., Lafayette South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. Refreshments provided for kickoff session. Group write-ins are scheduled throughout the parish in November. For more information or to sign up, visit NaNoWriMo.org.