Monday, Sept. 21
- FICTION WRITERS WORKSHOP: 7 p.m., Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. Join other fiction writers for creative inspiration, sharing and discussion. Participants can expect in-depth critiques.
Wednesday, Sept. 23
- AUTHOR READING: 7 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Local author P.M. LaRose will read from his debut novel, “First Case of Beers.” LaRose will discuss the origins of the story, his writing process and the upcoming sequel. Free.
- KIDS NIGHT: 5 p.m., La Divina Italian Cafe, 3535 Perkins Road. Come hear Pamela Cali Bankston’s “Frizzy Frieda’s Gymtastrophe!” Food, gelato and free coloring pages and crafts for the kids. ladivinagelateria.com.
Saturday, Sept. 26
- MEET THE TUTORS: 10 a.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Adults and students can meet local tutors specializing in various academic subjects.
Sunday, Sept. 27
- WOMEN WRITERS ON TIME: 4-6 p.m., Baton Rouge Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive. Six local women writers — Renee Bacher, Claire Boudreaux Bateman, Dorothy Early Davis, Ronlyn Domingue, Laurie Lynn Drummond and Jacqueline Dee Parker — will reflect on “time” in prose and poetry. Free. (225) 753-4226.
Sunday, Sept. 20
- SPEAKER SERIES: 2 p.m., Alexandre Mounton House/Lafayette Museum, 1122 Lafayette St. David C. Edmonds, author of “Yankee Autumn in Acadiana” will speak. Free. Edmonds’ book, winner of the Literary Award of the Louisiana Library Association, was recently reprinted by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Center for Louisiana Studies.