Tuesday, Dec. 1
- MEET THE AUTHOR: 6:30-8 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. Meet author Ann Trousdale to hear the inside story of her new book, “Cotton Patch Rebel: The Story of Clarence Jordan.” Admission is $5; books are $15. For information, email email@example.com or call (225) 338-1170.
- BOOK SIGNINGS: 4:30-6:30 p.m., Club at LSU Union Square (formerly the LSU Faculty Club), LSU campus, Highland Road at Raphael Semmes Road. LSU Press and The Southern Review’s Season’s Readings Holiday Book + Journal Sale offers a wide selection of gift ideas. Many authors, including C.C. Lockwood, Cindy Nobles, Gwen Roland and Billy Cannon and his biographer, Charles deGravelles, will sign books.
Wednesday, Dec. 2
- BOOK LAUNCH PARTY: 6 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 2590 CitiPlace Court. Join chef John Folse for the launch of his new book, “Can You Dig It? Louisiana’s Authoritative Collection of Vegetable Cookery.”
Saturday, Dec. 5
- MEET SMILEY: 9 a.m. to noon, Red Stick Farmers Market, North Fifth Street, downtown. The Advocate’s Smiley Anders will sign his books “Best of Smiley” and “Smiley! A Laughing Matter.” He’ll be there again from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Dec. 12.
- MEET & GREET: 2-4 p.m., EBR Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Meet Chelsea L. Johnson, author of “The Heart of a Worshiper.” Johnson will share her inspirational poetry. Call (225) 756-1180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BOOK LAUNCH: 3-6 p.m., Barnes & Noble - Perkins Rowe, 7707 Bluebonnet Blvd. Author Douglas L. Villien Sr. will sign copies of his new book, “Forgotten Baton Rouge,” a wealth of historical images of Baton Rouge from various archives.