- CLOSED: River Center Branch Library, 120 St. Louis St. Closed for Fest-for-All. (225) 389-4967.
- BOOK DISCUSSION: 6 p.m., EBR Central Branch Library, 11260 Joor Road. A discussion of “Kingfish: The Reign of Huey P. Long” by Richard D. White. All are invited whether or not you’ve read the book. Light refreshments will be served. (225) 262-2640.
- BOOK DISCUSSION: 3-5 p.m., EBR Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. A discussion of “Kingfish: The Reign of Huey P. Long” by Richard D. White. Refreshments will be served. (225) 231-3250.
- BOOK CLUB: 6-8 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. The Science Fiction Book Club meets. (225) 231-3733.
book signing: 4 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 2 Union Square, LSU campus. M.O. Walsh, who grew up in Baton Rouge and is the director of the Creative Writing Workshop at the University of New Orleans, will be signing his book, “ My Sunshine Away.”
- MOVIE EVENT: 5-7 p.m., EBR Baker Branch Library, 3501 Groom Road. Showing of the movie “All the King’s Men,” whose main character, Willie Stark, is based on Huey P. Long. Refreshments will be served. (225) 778-5940.
- MOVIE EVENT: 6-8 p.m., EBR Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Showing of Ken Burns’ “Huey Long,” a documentary on the spectacular career of Louisiana’s former governor. Refreshments will be served. (225) 763-2250.
- MOVIE EVENT: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., EBR Zachary Branch Library, 1900 Church St. Showing of the movie “All the King’s Men,” whose main character, Willie Stark, is based on Huey P. Long. (225) 658-1840.
Sunday, April 10
- NEWSPAPER ARCHIVES: 4-6 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. The EBR Parish Library’s Advocate Historical Newspaper database has millions of full-page scans of Baton Rouge and New Orleans newspapers from 1837 to 2013. This class teaches how to search and sort the information and uncover stories about your ancestors’ community. Call (225) 231-3751 to register.
- ARDOIN’S STORY: 2 p.m., Alexandre Mouton House/Lafayette Museum, 1122 Lafayette St. The museum and the Lafayette Public Library present “Amédé Ardoin, A Timeless Human Story.” Former Louisiana Poet Laureate Darrell Bourque will pay homage to one of South Louisiana’s greatest accordion players. Musician Goldman Thibodeaux will accompany the talk. Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
- BOOK CLUB: 6 p.m., LP Main Library, 301 W. Congress St. The Modern War Stories Book Club will discuss “Fobbit” by David Abrams. (337) 261-5787.
- BOOK CLUB: 11:30 a.m., LP South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. The Classics Book Club will discuss “The Sound and the Fury” by William Faulkner. (337) 981-1028.
- BOOK SIGNING: 2 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 5705 Johnston St. Author Matthew Griffin will be signing and discussing his new novel “Hide.” (337) 989-4142.