Monday, Nov. 16
- FICTION WRITERS’ WORKSHOP: 7 p.m., EBR Greenwell Springs Road Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. Adults are invited to join other fiction writers of every category for creative inspiration, sharing and discussion.
Tuesday, Nov. 17
- LOUISIANA HISTORY: 7 p.m., EBR Main Library, Room 102, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Chris Achee will portray Don Carlos de Grand-Pré, governor of Baton Rouge from 1799 until 1808, for this adults-only presentation on the largely forgotten tale of West Florida, from colony to republic.
Wednesday, Nov. 18
- BOOK SIGNING: 7-8 a.m., Runnels Elementary School, Drama Room, 17255 S. Harrell’s Ferry Road. Louisiana nature photographer C.C. Lockwood will be signing copies of his latest book, “Louisiana Wild, The Protected and Restored Lands of the Nature Conservancy,” at the school’s Fall Book Fair. Free and open to the public; $8 of every copy sold will be donated back to the school’s library program. For more information, visit runnels.org or call (225) 751-5712.
Saturday, Nov. 21
- BOOK SIGNING: 3-5 p.m., Between the Lines Bookstore, 4242 Government St., No. 113. Author Pat Tucker will be signing copies of her new book, “Somebody Has to Pay.” Call (225) 200-7759.
Sunday, Nov. 22
- BOOK DISCUSSION: 3 p.m., EBR Jones Creek Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Author Dana Cathey-Williams will hold an adults-only discussion of her first book, “Deep Darkness: Who Said Success Was Not a Part of God’s Plan,” which deals with domestic abuse.