- 12-HOUR READING: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., EBR Greenwell Springs Road Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. One Book One Community reading, “Kingfish, the Reign of Huey P. Long” by local political historian Richard D. White Jr. (225) 274-4440.
- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., EBR Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. The Artsy Smartsy Book Club will read and discuss books about sculpture, including “Look! Look! Look! At Sculpture” by Nancy Wallace, then create a sculpture. For ages 6 and up. Please register. (225) 658-1540.
- NEW BOOK: 2:30-5:30 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Author Angela Weir presents her new book, “Woman Of Purpose: Destined for Greatness,” in which the evangelist honestly discusses how her faith in God has helped her get through her most difficult trials.
Sunday, Feb. 7
- BOOK CLUB: 3 p.m., EBR Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Black History Month Book Club will celebrate Black History Month by reading “The Crossover” by Kwame Alexander and “Brown Girl Dreaming” by Jacqueline Woodson.
- BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. The South Regional Science Fiction Book Club will discuss “The Silver Metal Lover” by Tanith Lee.
- BOOK TALKS: 6:30 p.m., Main Library, 301 W. Congress St. Bayou State Book Talks series from the Center for Louisiana Studies presents Todd Mouton, author of “Way Down in Louisiana.”
- BOOK CLUB: 6 p.m., Main Library, 301 W. Congress St. Modern War Stories Book Club will discuss “My Life as a Foreign Country” by Brian Turner.