- BOOK SIGNING: 2 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 2590 Citiplace Court. Author John Batty will be signing copies of his book, “Voices of Angels: Disaster Lessons from Katrina’s Nurses.”
- BOOK CLUB: 7 p.m., EBR Main Library, Conference Room A, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. The RENEW (Reading Engaging Nonfiction that Expands our Worldview) Book Club begins 2016 with a discussion of “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption” by Laura Hillenbrand.
- BOOK CLUB: 11 a.m., EBR Central Branch Library, 11260 Joor Road. The Central Book Club will discuss “The Secret Wisdom of the Earth” by Christopher Scotton. (225) 262-2650.
- STORYTIME: 11 a.m., Barnes & Noble, 7707 Bluebonnet Blvd. and 2590 CitiPlace Court. A special storytime celebrating Groundhog Day. Two titles, “Groundhog’s Dilemma” and “Groundhog’s Day Off,” will be featured.
- AUTHOR TALK: 1-4 p.m., EBR Main Library, Conference Room B, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Author Joseph Wiltz will present his new book, “A Slave to a System of Crime.”
- BOOK LAUNCH: 7 p.m., Beth Shalom Synagogue, Winkler Social Hall, 9111 Jefferson Highway. The launch of Rabbi Mark Glickman’s new book, “Stolen Words: The Nazi Plunder of Jewish Books.” The evening will feature a talk book signing, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
- HUEY P. LONG: 2 p.m., Alexandre Mouton House/Lafayette Museum, 1122 Lafayette St. Michael S. Martin, director of the Lafayette Public Library, will present “The Life of Huey P. Long: 1928-1935.” Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
- BOOK CLUB: 2 p.m., Lafayette East Regional Library, Meeting Room 1, 215 La Neuville Road, Youngsville. The ERL Book Club will discuss “Before I Go to Sleep” by S.J. Watson.
- CLOSED: The Lafayette North Regional Library, 5101 N. University Ave., Carencro, will be closed due to the Mardi Gras parade.
- STORYTIME: 11 a.m., Barnes & Noble, 5705 Johnston St. A special storytime celebrating Groundhog Day. Two titles, “Groundhog’s Dilemma” and “Groundhog’s Day Off,” will be featured. (337) 989-4142.