- BOOK TALK & SIGNING: 2:30-4p.m., EBR Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Robert D. Jacobus on his book “Houston Cougars in the 1960s: Death Threats, the Veer Offense, and the Game of the Century.”
- BOOK CLUB: 7 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. RENEW (Reading Engaging Nonfiction that Expands our Worldview) Book Club will discuss “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot.
- BOOK CLUB: 11 a.m., EBR Central Branch Library, 11260 Joor Road. The Central Book Club will discuss “The Dream Lover” by Elizabeth Berg.
- READ IN: 10:30 a.m., EBR Main Library, children’s storytime area, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Readings of African American literature, various poems, quotes and picture books. For ages 6 and up. Registration required. (225) 231-3740.
Sunday, Feb. 28
- BOOK SIGNING: 1 p.m., Greater King David Baptist Church, 7305 Harry Drive. Alysia Burton Steele, author of “Delta Jewels: In Search of My Grandmother’s Wisdom,” will sign copies of her book which highlights more than 50 women, church elders and civil rights activists.
- BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, 500 Mississippi St. Angeletta Gourdine, LSU associate professor of English, will talk about modern black women in “Imaging Black Women in the Age of Michelle Obama.” Registration required. (225) 473-8052.
- BOOK TALK & SIGNING: Noon, West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave. Thomas J. Durant Jr. on his book, “A View from the Inside: 36 Years of Desegregation.” (225) 336-2422.
- BOOK CLUB: 2 p.m., LP East Reginonal Library, 215 La Neuville Road, Youngsville. The ERL Book Club will discuss “State of Wonder” by Ann Patchett.
- AUTHOR TALK: 6:30 p.m., LP Main Library, 301 W. Congress St. Joshua Davis, is the author of several books, including “Spare Parts,” which was first adapted into a documentary, “Underwater Dreams,” and then a movie, “Spare Parts,” in 2015, starring George Lopez, Carlos Pena, Marisa Tomei and Jamie Lee Curtis. He is also a film producer and co-founder of Epic Magazine and Epic Digital. He has been a contributing editor at Wired since 2003, and also written for the New Yorker, GQ, Outside, Maxim, Men’s Journal, Men’s Health and Food & Wine.
- BOOK CLUB: 4:30 p.m., LP North Regional Library, 5101 N. University Ave. Teen Read and Feed will discuss “The Lunar Chronicles” by Marissa Meyer, “Leviathan” by Scott Westerfield and more Steampunk reads, while enjoying tasty treats.