Monday, Aug. 3
- FICTION WRITERS WORKSHOP: 7 p.m., EBR Greenwell Springs Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. Workshop is a small group designed for fiction writers of every category to gather, share and discuss their work. Attendees can expect in depth critiques and creative exercises during meetings. Contact Jordan at email@example.com for details.
Wednesday, Aug. 6
- MEET AND GREET WITH AUTHOR: 6 p.m., EBR Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Baton Rouge author Irish Cooper shares her recent book, “Fabricated Looks: My Memoir.” Light refreshments will be served. She will be at the Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway, at 3 p.m. Saturday.
Saturday, Aug. 8
- FROM PONDER TO PRINT, SELF-PUBLISHING: 10:30 a.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. A panel of authors will discuss their process. $5. (225) 338-1170.
Wednesday, Aug. 5
- MODERN WAR STORIES BOOK CLUB: 6 p.m., Lafayette Public Library, 538 Jefferson St. The new book club meets on the first Wednesday of each month. This week’s book is “Redeployment” by Phil Klay.
Thursday, Aug. 6
- STORYTIME FOR CHILDREN: 10 a.m., West Feliciana Parish Library, 5114 Burnett Road. Bring your little ones and join the fun for playtime and reading.