- USHER MINISTRY ANNIVERSARY: 11 a.m., Shady Grove First Missionary Baptist Church, 16443 Plank Road. The Rev. Sam Williams will be the guest speaker and the Holly Grove Baptist Church of Zachary will be the guest ushers. All are invited.
- RELIGIOUS CLASSES: 8 a.m., Greater King David Baptist Church, 222 Blount Road. Classes will run Thursday-Saturday and include “Introduction to Leadership,” “Sharing the Gospel with Others” and youth classes. Lunch will be provided. (225) 927-0577.
- SPLISH, SPLASH DINE & DASH FUNDRAISER: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Full Gospel UPC, 6729 Mickens Road. Battle Rattle Productions will host a fundraiser for its drama and performing arts team’s free events and workshops. It will feature car washes, hamburgers or hot dog plates, safety demonstrations by the East Baton Rouge Parish Fire and Police departments, music, entertainment, vendors, networking and more. Plates include baked beans and coleslaw and cost $6. Car washes are $7. For both food and a wash, the cost is $8. To be a vendor, call (225) 747-9338.
- THE NEW CHRIST LAND CHURCH FAIR: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., The New Christ Land Baptist Church, 5685 Robertson Ave. Booths will offer a variety of food, yard sale items, games and more. (225) 284-9600.
- WELLNESS WORKSHOP: 10 a.m., Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9700 Scenic Highway. Sessions include kidney health, diabetes management, healthy cooking demonstrations and more. There will also be door prizes and lunch. Registration is at 8:30 a.m.
- PREACHING WORKSHOP AND OPEN HOUSE: 10 a.m. and noon, Wesley United Methodist Church, 544 Government St. Dr. Joe Connelly, of Wesley United Methodist Church, and Dr. Alonzo Campbell, of Interdenominational Theological Center School of Ministry, will lead a workshop on preaching in the 21st century. For more details, call (225) 938-5746.
- JESUS 2014 BIBLE CONFERENCE: 11 a.m., Berean Seventh-Day Adventist Worship Center, 4555 Fairfields Ave. Helvis Moody, pastor and director of Youth Ministries of the Southwest Region Conference in Dallas, will be the speaker Saturday morning, followed by a nightly meeting at 7 p.m. Night meetings will continue, except on Monday and Thursday nights, until Sept. 13, with Robert L. Davis as the presenter.
- ST. JOHN BIBLE INSTITUTE CLASSES: St. John Baptist Church, 820 New Rafe Mayer Road. Classes will begin Sunday for the St. John Bible Institute, accredited by the Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries in Camilla, Ga. (225) 774-1468.
- SPIRITUALITY & SEXUALITY: 8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 11 a.m., Broadmoor United Methodist Church, 10230 Mollylea Drive. The three-week program covering a variety of issues related to human sexuality and the church’s opinion of them will wrap up with discussions after each service Sunday. Associate Pastor Lee Allen will also lead a breakout session after the 11 a.m. service. Snacks will be provided. Children will attend activities while adults are having these discussions. (225) 247-9974.
- SUNDAY WORSHIP: 9 a.m., Greater Divine Missionary Baptist Church, 6045 Hooper Road. The service will be in the morning.
- RELIGIOUS TEACHING SERVICE: 9 a.m., Mount Moriah Family Baptist Church, 15366 Old Hammond Highway.
- SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., The New Christland Baptist Church, 5685 Robertson St. (225) 284-9600.
- WOMEN’S DAY: 11 a.m., Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church, 1204 St. Joseph St. The Rev. Demetria Jones-Smith, of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, will be the speaker.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS DAY: 2 p.m., Greater Morning Star Baptist Church, 1002 Mavis Drive. Theme is “Hurricanes are Ferocious, but Jesus is Supernatural.”
- MEN & WOMEN DAY CELEBRATION: 3 p.m., Mount Gillion Baptist Church, 346 E. Buchanan St. Beacon Light of Baton Rouge will serve as special guest and Elder Eric A. Williams will be the guest speaker.
- ANNUAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY: 4 p.m., Israelite Baptist Church, 1841 Thomas H. Delpit Drive. The Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church congregation and their pastor, the Rev. Edward Howard, will be special guests. (225) 344-3553.
- RUSS TAFF IN CONCERT: 5 p.m., Jefferson Baptist Church, 9135 Jefferson Highway. Russ Taff, former member of Gaither Vocal Band and the winner of eight Grammy awards and 16 Dove awards, will be in concert. Admission is free, but a love offering will be taken. Doors open at 4 p.m. (225) 953-4622.
- PAINT & PRAY: 9 a.m., The Rosedoor Studio, 1938 Ferndale Ave. Local artist, Meg Jones, will lead an art workshop to benefit RedOak Ministries, working in Asia to free women from human trafficking. Participants will paint three small pastoral scenes, which can be commissioned for $40. Participants may choose instead to donate $40 directly. Lunch is included. To register, email email@example.com.
- COMPUTER CLASSES: 6 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 N. Lobdell Blvd., Suite E. The church will hold two free computer classes, “Excel Part I” Tuesday and “Excel Part II” Wednesday. Pre-registration is required by calling (225) 300-4528.
- FAMILY BIBLE STUDY: 7 p.m., Greater Divine Missionary Baptist Church, 6045 Hooper Road. Studies take place on Wednesdays.
- FRIDAY NIGHT WORSHIP: 6 p.m., Foster Road Baptist Church, 11333 Foster Road. The church will hold a fellowship meal and worship Friday nights during August in the church gym. The meal will be at 6 p.m., followed by the service. Brother Jason Allen, of First Baptist Church Central, will be the speaker. (225) 775-0884.
- EVANGELICAL MINISTRY: 7 p.m., Little Rising Sun Baptist Church, 1275 S. 16th St. There will be four gospel speakers: the Rev. Alona Anderson who will cover Matthew, Minister Jackie Williams who will cover Mark, Minister Lillian Jarrett who will cover Luke and the Rev. Shirley Levy who will cover John.
- 2014 GOSPEL & COMEDY EXPLOSION: 7 p.m., Living Faith Christian Center, 6375 Winbourne Ave. It will feature a performance by The Living Faith Choir, Tamela Mann, along with a surprise guest. Hosted by Latangela. livingfaith-cc.org.
- 14TH ANNUAL PASTORAL PRAYER BREAKFAST: 9 a.m., New Sunlight Baptist Church, 1777 America St. Sweet Hour of Prayer, the church’s Pastor’s Aide Ministry, will host the breakfast. The Rev. Melvin L. Carter, of the Greater New Bethel Full Gospel Baptist Church, will be the guest speaker.
Mission Program: 11 a.m., Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church, 205 Alice St. The Rev. Emma Woods will direct the program. Minister Jackie Robinson will serve as guest speaker. (225) 936-1159.
- SENIOR MISSION PROGRAM: 11 a.m., Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, 1743 Convention St. Invited guests include the Rev. Emma Woods as speaker and the Rev. Starr Paul as soloist. (225) 936-1159.
- GALA: 6 p.m., Higher Ground Outreach Church, 3730 N. Sherwood Forest Drive. This year’s gala will mark the church leaders’ 30th wedding anniversary and Bishop Rickey Washington’s 50th birthday. Admission is free and the attire is semi-formal. Please RSVP at (225) 273-6115 or atteamhigher.com.
- BISHOP RICKEY WASHINGTON’S 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION: 7:30 p.m., Higher Ground Outreach Church, 3730 N. Sherwood Forest Drive. The church will continue the birthday celebration, featuring Pastor Marvin Sapp. Admission is free and VIP seating is available. For VIP access, RSVP or for more information, call (225) 273-6115.
- HOPEKEEPERS OF BATON ROUGE: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, 12663 Perkins Road. HopeKeepers of Baton Rouge is a nondenominational support group for anyone affected by chronic pain or illness, mental or physical. (225) 337-1633.
- SENIOR CHOIR 57-YEAR ANNIVERSARY: 4 p.m., Days Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 17721 La. 10. Guest choir will be the St. Paul C.O.G.I.C of Slaughter, Louisiana. (225) 683-8653.
- GOD’S LITTLE PRINCESS TEA PARTY: 11 a.m., Abundant Life Church, 206 Edgewood Drive. Fifth annual “God’s Little Princess Tea Party” for girls, ages 3 through sixth grade. There will be tea and sweets, play activities and games and a Royal Story Teller. alcfamily.com.
- HOMECOMING AND CHURCH ANNIVERSARY: 2 p.m., Asphodel Baptist Church, 4091 La. 68. The church will celebrate its 138th anniversary with the Rev. Robert Scott as the guest speaker.
- THE HEAVY HITTERS TOUR: 8 p.m., Philadelphia Christian Church, 200 W. Willow St. The Rebirth of Comedy presents The Heavy Hitters Tour featuring Christian/Gospel comedians, Akintunde, Marcus D. Wiley, Bone Hampton and Chinitta Morris, aka Chocolate.
- GODLY GETAWAY 2014: 6 p.m., Solomon Episcopal Conference Center, 54296 La. 445. Becky Lynn Ministries invites all ladies for a weekend women’s conference. (985) 640-1260.
- BASIC TRAINING FOR CHURCH PLANTING: 8:30 a.m., Highland Baptist Church, 607 Victory Drive. The class walks through starting a healthy church.
- WOMEN DAY SERVICE: 1 p.m., New Beginnings Baptist Church, 310 S. 14th St. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Gracie Cooper, of St. Peter Baptist Church in Erwinville.
- PARISH-WIDE REVIVAL: 7 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 1405 La. 409. The East Feliciana Parish Ministers Conference will host the three-day revival featuring the Rev. Michael A. Otkins, Sr. as the guest revivalist.
- FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY: 2:30 p.m., Greater Bethesda Missionary Baptist Chruch, 32425 Bowie St. Special guest, Rev. Timothy Campbell, Greater Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church of Donaldsonville. (225) 687-3857 or (225) 776-5995.
- WE RCALLED-MILLDALE BIBLE CONFERENCE: 4 p.m., Milldale Baptist Church, 11950 Milldale Road. milldalebaptistchurch.org.
Open Faith Door Ministry: 7:30 p.m., Best Western Zachary Inn, 4030 La. 19. The ministry will hold services at the conference room.
- LABOR DAY CONFERENCE: 6:30 p.m., Milldale Baptist Church, 11950 Milldale Road. milldalebaptistchurch.org.