- CRAFT SHOW, TRUNK OR TREAT: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, 5-6:30 p.m. Sunday, Blackwater United Methodist Church, 10000 Blackwater Road. Craft show on Saturday. Trunk or Treat on Sunday, with trick or treating out of cars and lots of games. No scary costumes please. blackwaterumc.org or (225) 261-4646.
- “IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE MIRACLE HEALER”: 11 a.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. A film in three parts (each about 95 minutes) with two intermissions. This film tells the story of Bruno Groening, who was called upon by God to cure the incurable. Free, donations accepted. Organizer is Bruno Groening Circle of Friends, (225) 751-2369, bruno-groening.org/english.
- “WHY WE SING” YOUTH MUSICAL: 6:30 p.m., Full Gospel UPC, 6729 Mickens Road. Food and fellowship. RSVP requested. Kimberly Haynes (225) 892-2325 or Khaynes.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PASTOR ANNIVERSARY: 8 a.m., Donaldson Chapel Baptist Church, 2501 Gracie St. In celebration of the Rev. Tommie N. Gipson Jr. for 17 years of service. The Rev. Sam Parker will speak.
- PURPLE HEARTS & PINK SOULS: 9 a.m., Higher Ground Outreach Church, 3730 Sherwood Forest. Free and informative event to learn the signs, preventions and interventions to combat domestic violence and breast cancer awareness. Higher Ground Outreach Church Women of Wisdom Fellowship. (985) 517-2523. teamhigher.com
- WORSHIP IN PINK SERVICE: 9 a.m., In His Hands Baptist Church, 8767 Gov. Claiborne Drive. Celebrating the joyous way to fight cancer in the name of the Lord. Free. (225) 810-3841 or email@example.com.
- DEACONS & DEACONESS ANNIVERSARY: 10 a.m., Greater Beach Grove Bapist Church. The Rev. Henry J. Brown and the First Emmanuel Baptist Church will be special guests. (225) 355-0086.
- HOMECOMING: 11 a.m., Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 2585 Sherwood St. The Rev. Terry Joseph, of New Zorah Baptist Church in Morgan City, will speak on “Together Again.” (225) 355-1632.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS DAY: 11 a.m., Fairview Baptist Church, 1636 Braddock St. Pastor Donald Hunter and New Beginnings Baptist Church will be guests.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS DAY: 11 a.m., St. John Baptist Church, 820 New Rafe Mayer Road. After service, worshipers are invited to meet at G.R. Clark Memorial Park.
- MCCBR WORSHIP SERVICE: 11 a.m., George’s Place, 860 St. Louis St. Metropolitan Community Church contemporary worship service. (225) 248-0404.
- ANNUAL TASTE FEST: 3:30 p.m., New Jerusalem Baptist Church, 1627 Thomas H. Delpit Drive. Special guests will be the St. Paul Catholic Church Men’s Ensemble and saxophonist Gregory Martin. (225) 687-6618.
- TO KNOW THE LOVE OF GOD: 7 p.m., St. Jean Vianney Catholic Church, 16166 S. Harrells Ferry Road. The Rev. Doug Doussan, pastor of St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church in New Orleans, will present the mission. Monday’s session will focus on the implications of God’s love for us. Tuesday’s session will explore how we can respond to God’s love in prayer and fulfill our call to be missionary disciples of Christ.
- PROPHECY BIBLE STUDY: 7 p.m., The Berean Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4555 Fairfields.
- WORLD DAY OF PRAYER: 7 p.m., The Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church, 6274 Scenic Highway. “In Step with the Spirit through Prayer” is the program theme.
- OCTOBER JUBILEE: 6 p.m., New Ark Baptist, 1344 Terrace St.
- HALLELUJAH NIGHT: 6-8:30 p.m., New Bethal Transformations, 1540 Matilda St. No tricks but plenty of treats, free food, fun and games.
- FALL FUN FEST: 6-8 p.m., Comite Baptist Church, 12250 Greenwell Springs Road. Lots of games for children, including an inflatable slide and jumper, maze, candy, food and a hayride. (225) 275-3382.
- HALLELUJAH NIGHT: 6:30 p.m. In His Hands Baptist Church, 8767 Gov. Claiborne Drive. Food will be served and there will be games and candy. Free. (225) 810-6963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YOUTH-A-BLAZE (YOUTH ON FIRE FOR CHRIST): 7 p.m., Clear View Baptist Church, 10657 Alco Ave. A gathering of youth for fun and food, praise, worship, an exhibition from Fire, EMS, City Police Brave Team and canine team.
Saturday, Nov. 1
- STEPHEN MINISTRY WORKSHOP: 9 a.m., St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 8833 Goodwood Blvd. Participants will learn how to minister to people in grief and how to use Stephen Ministry to train and organize lay people for one-to-one caring ministry. $15-$50. (314) 428-2600 or stephenministry.org/workshop.
HEALING ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH — a Physician’s Point of View: 3 p.m., Bluebonnet Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Dr. M. Machacek-Dobay, of Austria, will speak. Medically documented healings will be explained; people healed, even from so-called “incurable” diseases, will share their experiences; others will share stories about liberation from addiction, depression and anxiety. Free. (225) 751-2369.
- ROOTS & PROMISES, A GENESIS MUSICAL: 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 763 North Blvd. Free.
Sunday, Nov. 2
- HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE: 7 a.m., Israelite Baptist Church, 1841 Thomas H. Delpit Drive. israelitebc.net.
- LORD’S SUPPER WORSHIP: 9 a.m., Ravens All Faith Church, 1913 North St.
- GUEST PREACHER: 10:45 a.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church, 9340 Florida Blvd. The Rev. Martha Robson, recently retired Presbyterian minister in New Orleans, will preach. A native of Baton Rouge, Robson was the first woman ordained by the Presbytery of South Louisiana in the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. in 1982.
- PASTOR’S ANNIVERSARY: 2 p.m., Gethsemane Baptist Church, 1101 Charles T. Smith Drive. Anniversary for Pastor Daniel E. Johnson. The Rev. Louis M. Russell Jr. and the Greater Divine Baptist Church will be special guests.
- SERVICE OF CELEBRATION & REMEMBRANCE OF ALL SOULS: 6 p.m., The Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge, 8470 Goodwood Blvd. The 38-voice choir will be accompanied by a small chamber orchestra and will be directed by Ila Stoltzfus. The concert will open with a performance by the Children’s and Youth Choirs, directed by Marie Flowers and Cathy McManus. (225) 926-2291.
Sunday, Nov. 9
- VETERANS DAY SERVICE: 10:45 a.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church, 9340 Florida Blvd. The topic will be “What Is a Veteran,” with every branch of the military recognized in visuals, music and the message. Following will be a free lunch in the activities building. A poster exhibit will he displayed by Pat Robertson. Donations of any amount will benefit Camp Agape, youth camp, at Feliciana Retreat in West Feliciana in June.
Saturday, Nov. 15
- LIFE CHOICE (PRE-CANA): 9 a.m., Catholic Life Center, 1800 S. Acadian Thruway. A one-day Pre-Cana program for engaged couples seeking to get married in the Catholic Church.
- CLOTHING GIVEAWAY: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Greater Beulah Baptist Church, 955 E. Polk St. Clothing is available for children and adults in all sizes. Free. greaterbeulahbc.com.
Monday, Nov. 3
- “HOW TO TALK ABOUT AND DEFEND YOUR CATHOLIC FAITH”: 6:30 p.m., St. Bernard Catholic Church of Breaux Bridge, 204 N. Main St. John Martignoni is founder and president of the Bible Christian Society, an apostolate dedicated to explaining and defending the Scriptural foundations of the Catholic faith. He presents talks around the country and hosts EWTN’s “Open Line” program every Monday at 2 p.m. Free; donations accepted.
- CHURCH FESTIVAL: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 865 Hatchell Lane. Annual parish festival. http://cm.livingstonparishchamber.org.
- PASTOR ANNIVERSARY: Tower of Strength Outreach Center, 690 Kelly St., Baton Rouge. The Fairview Baptist Church of Ethel will celebrate Pastor Yoyo Hill for 10 years of service. Tickets are $20 and will not be sold at the door. Call Johnathan Hill at (225) 955-3075.
- PRAISE & WORSHIP SERVICE: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. Sunday School begins at 8 a.m.
- ANNIVERSARY WORSHIP SERVICE: 1:30 p.m., Fairview Baptist Church, 5375 Greenbriar Road. In honor of Pastor Yoyo Hill’s 10 years of service. Pastor Dalton Hill, of the Oak Grove Baptist Church, will speak.
- CHURCH ANNIVERSARY: 9:30 a.m., New Light Baptist Church, 76765 Cedar St. Celebration of the 119th year church anniversary. The Rev. Shannon Warner, pastor of the Macedonia Baptist Church of Plaquemine, will speak. Refreshments will be served after the service.
Tuesday, Nov. 11
- VETERANS DAY MEMORIAL CEREMONY: 6 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, E. Main St. A celebration of freedom with 21-gun salute, flag raising, civil war re-enactment, prayer service honoring veterans. cityofnewiberia.com.
- WORSHIP IN PINK SERVICE: 9:30 a.m., St. Peter Baptist Church, 58116 Court St. In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, survivors will give testimonies. Sermon by Pastor Van Smith and music by the church’s adult choir.
Saturday, Nov. 1
- BLOCK PARTY: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., corner of Marshall Street and Captain TT Harris Street. Sponsored by Plymouth Rock Baptist Church. Free food, clothes giveaway, games, rides and music.
Friday, Nov. 14
- LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE: 5 p.m., AJ Ford Ministries, Old Bethany West Campus, 23980 Fleniken Lane. Preachers National United Evangelical Ministerial Association classes for the adults and entertainment for children. Registration begins at 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday. (225) 385-4089 or email@example.com.
- CENTERING PRAYER: 7 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. A method designed to facilitate the development of contemplative prayer. It is an attempt to present the teaching of earlier times in an updated form. Free. (225) 294-5039.
Monday, Nov. 3
- TAIZE PRAYER SERVICE: 7 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. A meditative Taize’ worship which promotes serenity. The prayer consists of music, scripture readings and reflection. The candlelight service, beginning and ending in silence, fosters the participation of all present by focusing and deepening faith through the power of prayer. (225) 294-5039.
- PASTOR’S APPRECIATION WORSHIP SERVICE: 2 p.m., Magnolia Full Gospel Baptist Church, 7910 U.S. 61 N. In celebration of Prophet Milton and first lady Rose Coats’ 23 years of service. Brother Robert Temple will speak.
- PASTOR APPRECIATION: 2 p.m., Star Hill Baptist Church, 12331 Powell Station Road. Honoring Pastor Murlon Webb for 15 years of service. The Rev. Stanley Plain and the Rose of Sharon Baptist Church will be special guests.
Friday, Oct. 31
- FALL FESTIVAL: 6 p.m., First Baptist Church of Zachary, 4200 Main St. Children through grade 6 and their families are invited for face painting, hayrides, snacks and candy. Costumes are encouraged (nothing scary). Admission is one bag of candy, but no one will be turned away. Free. (225) 654-2755.