- MEN’S & WOMEN’S DAY: 11 a.m., Shady Grove First Missionary Baptist Church, 16443 Plank Road. The Rev. Jerry Dixion, of New Covenant Christian Center, will speak. (225) 778-0922.
- HOUR OF POWER PRAYER: 6:30 p.m., New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St. (225) 775-3127. Bible Study is at 7:30 p.m.
- GARAGE SALE: 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Cedarcrest Baptist Church, 2020 Cedarcrest Ave. The Baptist Collegiate Ministry at LSU is hosting a garage sale to help students fund mission trips to Spain and Canada this summer. Antiques, furniture, housewares & more!
- PASTORS WORKSHOP: 10 a.m., Mount Zion First Baptist Church, 356 T.J. Jemison Blvd. Pastors Equipping Pastors workshop and worship service. Guest preacher is Pastor Ralph D. West, of Houston.
- SPRING FLING FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Acts Outreach Ministries, 6892 Hooper Road. Festival includes live gospel music, health screenings, food, games, prizes, giveaways, exhibits from vendors and more. (225) 279-1262.
- SPRING SALAD & TEA SOCIAL: 3 p.m., The Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church, 6274 Scenic Highway. Tickets are $10. (225) 356-1361. email@example.com
- MESSIANIC SEDER: 6 p.m., Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, 4914 Constitution Ave. Join in the Lord’s Feast of Passover and connect with other churches and ministries. Purchasing an ‘Adult Wine Ticket’ option buys one 4-ounce glass of Manichevitz Kosher for Passover wine to use for the ceremony. Attendees not purchasing wine will be provided grape juice, included in dinner price. eventbrite.com.
Passover Seder: 6 p.m., Congregation B’nai Israel, 3354 Kleinert Ave. The menu will include matzo ball soup, gefilte fish, spring mix salad with poppy seed dressing, rotisserie chicken, potato kugel, glazed baby carrots and seasonal berries with sauce. Vegetarian options available. eventbrite.com.
- WORSHIP SERVICE: 7 a.m., Oasis Christian Church, 4524 E. Brookstown Drive. Bishop Charles E. Wallace, Pastor. (225) 355-8274 or occbr.org.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL: 8 a.m., In His Hands Baptist Church, 8767 Gov. Claiborne Drive. Worship service is at 9 a.m.
- USHER BOARD: 8 a.m., Mount Herman Baptist Church, 1293 N. 36th St. The church’s Senior Usher Board will celebrate 63 years of service.
- 115TH CHURCH ANNIVERSARY: 11 a.m., New Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 318 Eddie Robinson Sr. Drive. The Rev. Manley Metoyer, of Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church, will speak.
- 82ND CHURCH ANNIVERSARY: 11 a.m., Fairview Baptist Church, 1636 Braddock St. The Rev. Marcus Jackson and the Little Zion Baptist Church will be special guests. (225) 772-9206.
89th Church Anniversary: 4 p.m., Greater Greene Chapel A.M.E Church, 1232 N. 32nd St. The Rev. Lester Shaw, pastor of Payne Memorial A.M.E. of New Orleans, will preach.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian, Naylor Hall, 9340 Florida Blvd. Free tutoring for middle and high school students. Those attending the first time must have an ID and be accompanied by an adult. Volunteer tutors are always needed. Information, contact Mike Zobrist, (225) 336-4189.
- WORSHIP SERVICE: 6 p.m., In His Hands Baptist Church, 8767 Gov. Claiborne Dr.
- 57TH SOUTHERN REGION USHERS CONFERENCE: 7 a.m., Crowne Plaza, 4728 Constitution Ave. Usher Maggie L. Walker will be honored. For more information, call Brother Prince Pointer at (225) 276-3782 or Sister Shirley McWilliams at (225) 721-7910.
- WOMEN IN SPIRIT: Noon, St. Joseph Cathedral Parish Hall, 412 N. St. The speaker will be an American Muslim Jane Aslam, director of Disaster Response Services for the Islamic Circle of North America Relief USA. ICNA is a leading American Muslim organization dedicated to the betterment of society through the application of Islamic values. Aslma has been involved in disaster relief since Hurricane Katrina. Women in Spirit is an interfaith program for women seeking spiritual growth and sharing new and affirming perspectives on faith in everyday life. (225) 387-5928.
- AN EVENING OF PRAISE AND A COMMITMENT TO CHRISTIAN EDUCATION: 6 p.m., Boudreaux’s, 2647 Government St. The Rev. Theron Jackson, pastor of Morning Star Baptist Church of Shreveport and vice moderator of the 13th District, will speak. Music will be provided by Everette Parker. Proceeds will fund the Dr. Mary Whitley Moss Endowment Scholarship at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary to assist African-American students. Tickets are $50. For information, contact Thelma Jones at (225) 202-4279 or the Rev. Reginald Holmes at (225) 803-8488.
Urban Initiative Program: 7 p.m., Richardson Chapel Church of God in Christ, 731 W.K. Gordon St. The Five Step Urban Initiatives Program highlights education, economic development, crime reduction, family and financial literacy. This session is on “The Family” with Pastor C.H. Gordon.
- ST. ALPHONSUS FESTIVAL OF TWO RIVERS: 5 p.m., St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, 14040 Greenwell Springs Road. There will be food, rides, games, bingo, entertainment and a cash raffle. Big River Express will play.
Saturday, April 30
- I’M MY SISTER’S KEEPER CHRISTIAN MEETUP: 4 p.m., Greater King David Annex, 131 Elmer Ave. Speaker is poet Stacy Dyson. RSVP by texting (225) 408-9134.
The voice of victory gospel fest: 7 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Family Life Center, 9700 Scenic Highway. Broken Vows Behind The Veil/Haven of Hope Housing’s first Voice of Victory Gospel Fest hosted by Kerwyn “The Voice” Feeling, of WTQT’s Gospel With a Feeling. Entertainment includes Hobbs, New Mexico Minister Russell White, Brother Marc Fisher & Gifted, William Family, Evangelist Cornell Douglas, Minister Marcy Fisher and Psalmist Claudette Clay. Tickets available at voiceofvictorygospelfest.eventbrite.com. $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
Sunday, May 1
- MINISTRY CELEBRATION: 7 a.m. and 9 a.m., Oasis Christian Church, 4524 E. Brookstone Drive. A celebration of Bishop Charles E. and first lady Gladys Wallace for 36 years of ministry and 26 years of pastoral service. Comedian Rod of God will perform. Dress is casual. occbr.org
Saturday, April 30
- EAST FELICIANA PARISH WOMAN’S AUXILIARY PRAYER: 10 a.m., Clinton Courthouse grounds, 299 N. Seventh Ave. Come pray for the parish. The Rev. Brenda A. Hawkins (225) 936-6019.
- PRISCILLA SHIRER SIMULCAST: 9 am., Live Oak United Methodist Church, 34890 La. 16. Doors open at 8 a.m. Admission is $20 and includes lunch. Get tickets at eventbrite.com. For the past 16 years, Shirer has been in full-time ministry to women. She and husband Jerry founded Going Beyond Ministries. She is the author of more than a dozen books and Bible studies. Her latest study is “Breathe: Making Room for Sabbath Margin.”
- PRAISE AND WORSHIP SERVICE: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119.
Sunday, May 1
- THE LORD’S SUPPER: 11 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119 .
- WORSHIP SERVICE: 10:30 a.m., St. Paul Baptist Church, 10438 Boudreaux Road. stpaulgonzales.com.
- WORKING THE WORD BIBLE STUDY: 7 p.m., St. Paul Baptist Church, 10438 Boudreaux Road. stpaulgonzales.com.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER: 11:30 a.m., New Charleston Baptist Church, 3534 Cottage St. (225) 634-5370.
- EIGHT-YEAR PASTOR ANNIVERSARY: 3 p.m., St. Alma Baptist Church, 12861 La. 416. Special music will be provided by Chozun of Plaquemine.
- FAMILY FESTIVAL: 10:30 a.m., Immaculate Heart of Mary, 11140 La. 77. There will be a barbecue chicken dinner for $7 and a $1,000 raffle. (225) 625-2438.
- REHEARSAL: 5 p.m., St. Peter Baptist Church, 58116 Court St.
- WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATION: 7 a.m., Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, 950 Seventh St. The Rev. Shauna Banks-Johnson, of Greater St. Mary Baptist Church of Plaquemine, and Pastor Geoffrey Sykes will speak on the theme “Christian Women Working as Ambassadors for Christ.”
Saturday, April 30
- SPRING MUSICAL: 5:30 p.m., Greater Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 9090 Section Road. Special guest will be the Rev. Charles Allen and the Friendship Chapel Baptist Church choir and male chorus.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH FAIR: 9 a.m., Magnolia Full Gospel Baptist Church, 7910 U.S. 61 N. Learn more about hypertension, cardiovascular disease, cholesterol, obesity and diabetes. A representative from the Louisiana Department of Insurance will present 2016 Medicare updates. Free blood pressure monitoring, blood glucose checks, door prizes and refreshments.
- YOUTH MINISTRY FUTURE MEN DAY: 11:30 a.m., St. John the Baptist Church, 31925 Lacroix Road. Kedric Taylor, Southern University assistant director of bands, will speak.
- HOMECOMING SERVICE: 1 p.m., Union Baptist Church, 4624 Old Slaughter Road. The Rev. Levi Wright, of Greater New Zion Baptist Church, will speak.
- WORSHIP SERVICE: 9 a.m., Open Door Fellowship Life Center, 4415 Ave. (225) 654-1000.
- BACK-TO-THE-BIBLE STUDY HOUR: 7:30 p.m., Open Door Fellowship Life Center, 4415 Ave. (225) 654-1000.