- RECOVERY SUPPORT ADDIS WOMEN’S GROUP: 6 p.m., Church at Addis, 6781 La. 1. A support group for women seeking mental freedom from destructive habits. (225) 776-1652 or facebook.com/recoverysupportaddis.
- RECOVERY SUPPORT ADDIS MEN’S GROUP: 7 p.m., Church at Addis, 6781 La. 1 S. A support group for men seeking mental freedom from any strongholds. (225) 218-5630 or churchataddis.com/mens-recovery-support/.
- DEACONESS MINISTRY PRAYER BREAKFAST: 9 a.m., Magnolia Baptist Church, 960 E. Buchanan St. The theme is “Spreading The Good News” for the program, which will be held in the Fellowship Hall. The Rev. Marva F. Coleman, of The Straight Way Ministry, will speak. Donation is $6. (225) 383-2913.
- 3-DAY REVIVAL: 6 p.m. Sunday, 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Church Point Ministries, 12061 N. Harrells Ferry Road. Featuring Pastor Beau Williams, of Houston. (225) 272-5449.
- ST. KATHERINE DREXEL MASS: 10:30 a.m., Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 1565 Curtis St. The Baton Rouge Chapter of the Xavier University Alumni Association will celebrate the life of St. Katherine Drexel, who founded the university and the Congregation of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament.
- EVENING WORSHIP: 6 p.m., Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church, 205 Alice St. Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
- NURSING HOME VISIT: 10 a.m., Heritage House Manor, 1335 Wooddale Blvd. The Rev. Emma Woods, director of missions for Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church, will visit with words of encouragement by the Rev. Manley Metoyer. (225) 937-1159.
- CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP SCHOOL: 6-9 p.m., Mount Zion Baptist Church of Scotlandville, 1920 Progress Road. Courses in Christian Stewardship with the Rev. Melvin Rushing and Understanding the Bible with the Rev. Nelson Shaw will be offered.
- GOSPEL CONCERT: 7 p.m., Mount Carmel Baptist Church, 1414 Sora St. The University of Florida Gospel Choir from Gainesville, Florida, will perform.
- LENTEN SERVICE: 6:30 p.m., St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, 17510 Monitor Ave. Communion will be served. Childcare provided. (225) 315-2818 or standrewsumc.net.
- PRAYER: Noon, Hop Christian, 5013 Windfall Court. (225) 355-8194.
- BR AGLOW MARCH MEETING: 7 p.m., Baton Rouge Garden Center 7950 Independence Blvd. Pollie B. Johnson, pastor of Resurrection Life Family Ministries, will speak. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BENEFIT PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Promised Land Baptist Church, 7234 Plank Road. To benefit sister Barbara Scott-Thomas.
- MUSICAL: 7 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9700 Scenic Highway. A musical celebrating Joyce Fortune McGee’s 52-year journey of music and inspiration. Music will be presented by former and current choir members. (225) 933-7475.
- JOAN BORYSENKO — THE ART AND SCIENCE OF RESILIENCE: 7 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. A program of the Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge. $20. (225) 338-1170, email@example.com or theredshoes.org/programs/joan-borysenko/.
- “SPICE UP YOUR MINISTRY” TRAINING CONFERENCE: The Baton Rouge Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4455 Jones Creek Road. 7 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m. worship services and afternoon sessions at 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. vespers; 9 a.m. Sunday - Vacation Bible School training. Presenters include Larry Moore, Southwestern Union president; Sam Green, Southwest Region Conference president; Steve Orian, Arkansas-Louisiana Conference president; and Minner Labrador, Jr., Southwestern Union Vice President and Church Ministries Director. equippedforministries.com or equipandoparaministerios.com.
Saturday, March 7
- GUIDRY TO SPEAK: 8 a.m., Piccadilly Restaurant, 5179 Plank Road. Judge John Michael Guidry will speak at the session sponsored by New Galilee Baptist Church. Tickets are $15.
Sunday, March 8
- YOUTH PROGRAM: 7 a.m., Little Risen Sun Baptist Church, 1275 South 16th St. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
- ANNIVERSARY: 8:15 a.m., Ebenezer Baptist Church, 1901 Missouri St. In celebration of the deacon and deaconess’s 89th anniversary. Bishop G.C. Pierce, pastor of Israelite and Mount Zion Baptist churches, will speak.
- SCHOOL OF MINISTRY ORIENTATION: 12:30 p.m., Ministry of Love, 5956 Hooper Road. Orientation for classes that begin at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 10. Call (225) 356-2713, ext. 304, for more information.
- HOMECOMING: 3 p.m., Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church, 205 Alice St. The Rev. Dale Flowers and the New Sunlight Baptist Church will be guests.
Wednesday, March 11
- BR FREETHINKERS-MONTHLY MEETING: 7:30 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. The topic is “Are we obligated to help those around us? If so, how far does the circle extend?”
Friday, March 13
- RETREAT WITH LIFEWAY’S DAVID FRANCIS: 10 a.m., Cancer Services of Greater Baton Rouge, 550 Lobdell Ave. $10 for lunch.
- FISH FRY: 5-8 p.m., St. Aloysius School cafeteria, 2025 Stuart Ave. Sale of dinners of fried catfish, coleslaw and a roll to raise money for the child care center. Homemade desserts are available in the Sweet Shop along with drinks. A drive-through line will be open from 4-8 p.m. near the school office, accessible from Mimosa Street. Lunch service, pre-order only, is available for businesses and groups of five or more. Pre-sale tickets are $8 per plate and can be purchased at the child care center office or online at staloysiusfair.org/saccc-fish-fry. Tickets at the door are $10.
Saturday, March 14
- “JESUS THE BRIDEGROOM”: 8:45 a.m. - noon, Sacred Heart of Jesus Church, 2250 Main St. Dr. Brant Pitre, a noted scripture scholar, will speak. He is the author of “Jesus the Bridegroom: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told” and “Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist.” Admission is $10. Coffee will be served at 8:15 a.m. in the parish hall. sacredheartbr.org or (225) 387-6671.
- “LOVING THE SKIN I’M IN”: 10 a.m., New Light Baptist Church, 650 Blount Road. A program sponsored by Sisters Supporting Sisters-Baton Rouge, a nonprofit African American breast cancer survivors organization. The Rev. Mary Moss will speak. Registration required by March 7. (225) 921-9072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING CRAFT FAIR: 9 A.M., RIVERDALE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY, 14140 S. HARRELL’S FERRY ROAD. MORE THAN 50 LOCAL VENDORS WILL SHOWCASE JEWELRY, CRAFTS, FURNITURE, ART, SEWN CREATIONS AND GLASSWARE. THERE WILL BE FOOD TRUCKS WITH FREE ITEMS. THE FIRST 50 SHOPPERS WILL RECEIVE PRIZES. RCACRAFTFAIR.COM.
- WOMEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST: 9 a.m., Breath of Life Christian Center, 11214 Bank St. Guest speakers will be First Lady Sheilta S. King, of the McKowen Baptist Church, and Pastor Burnett G. King Sr. $5. Sponsored by Women Eager to Serve. Overseers are Bishop Edward and Lady Karen Brooks.
- CELEBRATION OF MINISTRIES: 3 p.m., Fairview Baptist Church of Ethel, 5375 Greenbriar Road. Annual celebration of ministries program. Pastor Murlon Webb and the Star Hill Baptist Church, of St. Francisville, will be guests.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE: 11 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119.
Sunday, March 8
- USHERS’ ANNIVERSARY: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119.
- 7TH ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF TWO RIVERS: 5 p.m., St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, 14040 Greenwell Springs Road. $25 in advance; $30 at the door. $10,000 raffle tickets are $100, includes two adult admission (225) 261-4650.
- POINTE COUPEE CHRISTIAN EDUCATION LEADERSHIP SCHOOL: 8 a.m., First Baptist Church, 824 W. Main St. Course offerings are Doctrine of the Holy Spirit-Rev. Mary Moss, Organizing the Church for Christian Education-Rev. Perry Jones and Christian Evangelism-Rev. Audrey Bowman. Course cards will be issued for class completion. Continental breakfast and lunch provided. (225) 328-6913.
- REVIVAL SERVICES: St. Matthew Baptist Church, 22910 Warren St. A two-night revival service. Monday’s special guests are the Rev. Clyde McNell and the New Light Baptist Church, along with the Power Driven Choir as guest music ministry. On Tuesday, the Rev. Ricardo Handy and the MIC Mass Choir will be the special guests.
- LENTEN SILENT RETREAT: Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39033 Rosaryville Road. Directed by Sisters Cynthia Sabathier and Lucy Silvio, the event is an overnight retreat that consists of private reflection, communal prayer and guidance. Bring comfortable clothes, a Bible and notebook. (225) 383-3349 or stjocenter.org.
- TAIZE PRAYER SERVICE: 7 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. A meditative Taizé worship to promote serenity.
Wednesday, March 11
- ROSARY FOR PEACE: 6 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. (985) 222-5922 or email@example.com.
Friday, March 13
- WOMEN’S RETREAT: Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. Dr. JoAnn Forbes will lead women of all denominations through understanding how they are made through prayer, laughter, music, love and fellowship. $100 per day for commuter, double shared room $180, or single private room $210. (225) 294-5039 or catholicretreatcenter.org.
- MIRACLE & DELIVERANCE SERVICE: New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 East.
- BIBLE STUDY: New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 East.
- MALE CHORUS: 11 a.m., Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church, 10064 Jone Vaughn Creek Road. The Rev. Tommie Hannah will speak.
- SOUTHERN GOSPEL MUSIC CONCERT: 6:30 p.m., Good News Fellowship Church/Mike Vaughn Ministries, 13101 La. 442 W. Special guests artists will be Tim Frith and The Gospel Echoes from Brandon, Miss. Concession stand available with plate lunches. Free, but donations will be accepted. (985) 974-0507 or mvmgoodnews.com.
- BIBLE CONFERENCE: 5 p.m., Milldale Baptist Church, 11950 Milldale Road. A conference for pastors and other church leaders.