- RECOVERY SUPPORT ADDIS WOMEN’S GROUP: 6 p.m., Church at Addis, 6781 La. 1. A support group for women seeking spiritual freedom from destructive habits. (225) 776-1652 or facebook.com/recoverysupportaddis.
- RECOVERY SUPPORT ADDIS MEN’S GROUP: 7 p.m., Church at Addis, 6781 La. 1 South. A support group for men seeking spiritual freedom from strongholds. (225) 218-5630 or churchataddis.com/mens-recovery-support/.
- TEACHING SEMINAR “THE BOOK OF MARK”: 1 p.m., Albany Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. Free. (985) 634-1079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WORSHIP SERVICES: 11 a.m., New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St. (225) 775-3127.
- HOUR OF POWER PRAYER: 6:30 p.m., New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St.
- BIBLE STUDY: 7:30 p.m., New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St.
- FELLOWSHIP FRIDAYS: New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St. Men’s fellowship every first and third Fridays; women’s every second and fourth.
- PASTOR ANNIVERSARY: Greater Mount Canaan Baptist Church, 5820 Evangeline St. Celebration of the third anniversary of the Rev. Levie “Ash” Wright. Breakfast with the pastor will be at 8 a.m. Saturday, and the final celebration will be at 6 p.m. on Sunday. The special guest will be the Rev. Leroy Taylor and congregation from New Zion Baptist Church, Denham Springs. (225) 235-7372.
- YOUTH PROGRAM: 7 a.m., Little Risen Sun Baptist Church, 1275 S. 16th St. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
- WOMEN’S DAY WORSHIP: 10:45 a.m., Greater Mount Carmel Baptist Church, 1414 Sora St. The theme is “A Time to Serve: Love God, Love Others, Love Yourself.” Minister Avis Rowan will speak.
- FRIENDS & FAMILY DAY: 11 a.m., Nazarene Baptist Church, 1707 Spanish Town Road. Pastor Tommie Gipson, of Donaldson Chapel, will speak.
- SAINTS PLAYER TO VISIT: 10:45 a.m., Istrouma Baptist Church, 10500 Sam Rushing Drive. New Orleans Saints tight end Benjamin Watson will be the guest as part of the Work as Worship series, which focuses on using our daily lives — at work, school or home — as our mission field.
- COMPUTER CLASS: 5:45 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 Lobdell Ave. Topics are intro to computer, Microsoft Word, web design, PowerPoint and Excel. (225) 300-4528.
- CHINN-SPURLOCK LEADERSHIP SCHOOL: 6 p.m., Greater Beach Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 5352 Ford St. The three courses are Baptist Doctrine, Effective Bible Reading and Christian Stewardship. $5. Activities for youth and teens are also offered.
- NOON PRAYER: Hop Christian, 5013 Windfall Court. (225) 355-8194.
- GRIEFSHARE: 6 p.m., Grief Recovery Center, 4939 Jamestown Ave. A 13-week grief support/seminar program of First Baptist Church of Baton Rouge. Open to anyone who has experienced the loss through death of someone close. Free. (225) 768-8863.
- CLOTHING AND MEAL GIVE-A-WAY: 11 a.m., Sweet Home Baptist Church, 343 West Buchanan St. (225) 292-3139 or email@example.com.
Saturday, April 18
- BLOOD DRIVE: 2-8 p.m., Islamic Center of Baton Rouge, 820 W. Chimes St. The center and the Muslim Students Association of LSU are hosting the Our Lady of the Lake blood drive, which also will include screenings for blood pressure, BMI and more. Free barbecue and T-shirts.
Sunday, April 19
- YOUNG PEOPLE SERVICES: 11 a.m., Beech Grove Baptist Church, 1955 Elm Grove Garden. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
Thursday, April 23
- UNITED USHERS OF LOUISIANA: Friendship Chapel Baptist Church, 2111 North St. The United Ushers of Louisiana will sponsor a bus to Atlanta for the Southern Regional Ushers Conference on April 23-25, returning April 26. Cost is $160 roundtrip. (225) 276-3782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WOMEN IN SPIRIT: Noon, St. Joseph Cathedral Parish Hall, 412 North St. The Rev. Susie Thomas, pastor of Magnolia and Deerford United Methodist Churches, will speak on the theme “Surprised by God.” Women in Spirit is a non-denominational program for women seeking spiritual growth and sharing new and affirming perspectives on faith in everyday life. Monthly programs include a complimentary lunch. Registration required. (225) 387-5928 or email@example.com.
- PRAISE AND WORSHIP SERVICE: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119.
Sunday, April 19
- YOUTH SERVICE: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119.
- ABLAZE IN THE SPIRIT MERGER CONFERENCE: 7 p.m. nightly, Life Cathedral Worship Center, 2103 S. Philippe Ave. Annual free and public event hosted by Int. Prelate Dr. Lloyd Benson Sr., of World Link of Churches & Ministries. The organization serves as a support system to community churches and its members, while reaching out to residents, businesses, schools and public officials. Events include the Miss Annointed Praise & Worship, ministry dance, gospel singing, vendors and more. (225) 408-9210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- ST. MARK CATHOLIC CHURCH FAIR: 6-11 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, St. Mark Catholic Church, 42021 La. 621. The church’s Light Lane Festival includes rides, music, food, a car show, mini-pot competition, silent auction, bingo and more. tourascension.com/events/st-mark-catholic-church-fair-2/.
- FAMILY FESTIVAL: 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 11140 La. 77. Family festival with barbecue chicken dinner for $7, a raffle for $1,000, face painting for children and more. (225) 625-2438.
- BOB MCDONNER PERFORMANCE: 7:30 p.m., Poydras Center, 500 West Main St. Vocalist Bob McDonner will sing sacred music, popular tunes and show tunes. $8-$28. (225) 638-6049 or artscouncilofpointecoupee.org.
- PRAYER BREAKFAST: 9 a.m., Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, La. 965. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak. $7 suggested donation.
- YOUTH PROGRAM: 11 a.m., Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church, 10064 Jone Vaughn Creek Road. Minister Darryl Roan will be the guest speaker.
- NURSING HOME VISIT: 10 a.m., St. Francisville Country Manor Nursing Home, 15243 La. 10. The congregation of Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church will visit the home under the direction of the Rev. Emma Woods. The Rev. Emily Stewart will speak.
- WORSHIP SERVICE: 10 a.m., New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 East.
- BIBLE STUDY: New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 East.
Saturday, April 18
- FOURTH DISTRICT YOUNG PEOPLE MONTHLY WORKSHOP: 10 a.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 1405 La. 409. The topic for youngsters, ages 5-25, is “Following Jesus Can Be Hard.” The topic for adult leaders and youth workers is “Positive Living.” (225) 778-1710.
- FRIENDS & FAMILY DAY: 2 p.m., Mount Wade Baptist Church, 21255 Reames Road. The Rev. Derrick J. Shavers, of St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
- PASTOR APPRECIATION WORSHIP SERVICE: 1 p.m., Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, 22911 Reames Road. The Rev. Thomas Bessix will speak.