- RECOVERY SUPPORT ADDIS WOMEN’S GROUP: 6 p.m., Church at Addis, 6781 La. 1. A support group for women seeking spiritual freedom from destructive habits. (225) 776-1652 or facebook.com/recoverysupportaddis.
- RECOVERY SUPPORT ADDIS MEN’S GROUP: 7 p.m., Church at Addis, 6781 La. 1. A support group for men seeking spiritual freedom from strongholds. (225) 218-5630 or churchataddis.com/mensrecovery-support/.
- SERVICES: 11 a.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St. Worship service at 11 a.m., Hour of Power Prayer at 6:30 p.m. and Bible Study at 7:30 p.m.
- FELLOWSHIP FRIDAYS: New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St. Men’s fellowship on first and third Fridays; women’s on second and fourth Fridays.
- THE “BATTLE LINES” RALLY: 9 a.m., Healing Place Church, 19202 Highland Road. The speakers include Promise Keepers founder and College Football Hall of Fame coach Bill McCartney and Major League Baseball great Darryl Strawberry. $10. promisekeepers.org or gulfsouthmen.org.
- EVANGELISTIC RALLY - PRAYER SERVICE: 8 a.m., Magnolia Baptist Church, 960 E. Buchanan St. The service will be followed by a musical. Pastor J. Bertell Davis Sr. will speak at the rally. There will be lunch, a choir performance and offerings of prayer and counseling. Free. (225) 953-4238.
- CHOIR & USHERS ANNIVERSARY: 7:30 a.m., Jordan Stone Baptist Church, 8523 Thelma St. The Rev. Raymond Plain will speak.
- SERVICES: 9 a.m., Charity Christian Center Church, 871 O’Neal Lane. (225) 272-8252 or email@example.com.
- SPECIAL SINGERS: 10 and 11 a.m., Temple Baptist Church, 3650 O’Neal Lane. The Rochesters will perform. (225) 316-2633.
- ANNUAL CONGRESS: 7 a.m., Scotlandville Magnet High School. Hosted by the Fourth District Congress of Christian Education. Breakfast and lunch provided for kids; adult classes 6 p.m. with evening assembly immediately following. newgideonbc.org.
- SUMMER ENRICHMENT CAMP: 7 a.m., Charity Christian Center. (225) 272-8252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: 5:30 p.m., Greater Beulah Baptist Church, 955 E. Polk St. The theme is “What’s Love Got To Do With It?” Free. (225) 343-5610 or email@example.com.
- COMPUTER TRAINING: 5:45 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach. Computer classes for people with little to no computer experience and those wanting to obtain additional system applications knowledge. Classes are Intro to Computers, Microsoft Word, web design, Powerpoint and Excel. All classes are 5:45-8 p.m. (225) 300-4528.
- BIBLE STUDY & SNACK TIME: 6 p.m., TJ Jemison Baptist Student Center, 724 Harding Blvd. (225) 774-8924, (225) 615-4267 or tjjemisonbsc.com.
- THE ABUNDANT LIFE PROGRESSIVE DISTRICT FELLOWSHIP C.O.G.I.C. CONFERENCE: 7 p.m., Open Door Fellowship Church, 4439 Choctaw Drive. LeRoy Banks will host. Guest speakers will be Bishop Howard Quillen, Dr. Stella P. Righteous and Superintendent Dickerson Wells, of Memphis, Tennessee.
- PRAYER: Noon, Hope Christian, 5013 Windfall Court. (225) 355-8194.
- GRIEFSHARE: 6 p.m., Grief Recovery Center, 4939 Jamestown Ave. A 13-week grief support/seminar program of First Baptist Church of Baton Rouge. Open to anyone who has experienced the loss through death of someone close. Free. (225) 768-8863.
- NEIGHBORHOOD ARTS PROJECT: 10 a.m., Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1358 South Blvd. Presented by The LSU Museum of Art, the free arts program for all ages will take place each Friday in June and the first Friday in July. firstname.lastname@example.org or lsumoa.org.
- TESTIMONIAL BANQUET: 7 p.m., New Jerusalem Baptist Church, 1627 Thomas H. Delpit Drive. To honor the Rev. Van Smith Jr. and first lady Leola R. Smith for 30 years of service. Guest speaker will be Bishop Charles Wallace, of Oasis Christian Church. The emcee will be the Rev. Earnest Scott, pastor of Hartzell-Mount Zion United Methodist Church in Slidell, and music will be by a vocal ensemble, the Rev. Kelvin Morris, of New Roads, and Denise Walker, of Plaquemine. (225) 938-2474.
Saturday, June 13
- HEALTH FAIR: 9 a.m., Shady Grove First Missionary Baptist Church, 16443 Plank Road. There will be free eye exams, cholesterol and glucose testing, STD and hepatitis testing, a blood drive and more. There will also be children’s activities. (225) 778-0922 or Healthandwellnessministry@gmail.com.
Sunday, June 14
- PRE-FATHER’S DAY PROGRAM: 7 a.m., Little Rising Sun Baptist Church, 1275 S. 16th St. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
- PASTORAL SEAT: 2:30 p.m., Mount Carmel Baptist Church, 5262 Prescott Road. Along with the Fourth District Missionary Baptist Association, the church will unveil the pastoral seat of the late Ronald Tyrone Williams. The Rev. Jesse B. Bilberry Jr. will preside.
Monday, June 15
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: 9 a.m., St. John’s United Methodist Church, 9375 Highland Road. The theme is “Hometown Nazareth: Where Jesus was a Kid.” Registration forms are available in the church office or groupvbspro.com/vbs/hl/stjohnsbr.
Friday, June 19
- JUNETEENTH CELEBRATION AND BOOK LAUNCH OF “SCOTLANDVILLE”: 4 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church Family Life Center, 9700 Scenic Highway. “Scotlandville - Images of America Series” book signing and talk by authors Rachel L. Emanuel, professor Ruby Jean Simms and professor Charles Vincent. Reservations required by June 12. (225) 771-5815.
- THE FOUR GOSPELS: 7 p.m., New Zion Baptist Church, 4105 Odell St. Guest speakers will be Minister Lillian Jarrett, Lady Gloria Bowman, Minister Jackie Williams and Lady Linda Williams. (335) 654-1577.
- ISLAND IN THE SON - KID’S CRUSADE: 6 p.m., One Hope Ministries, 24603 Walker South Road. Scott and Marci Crosby, of Abbeville, present “Island in the Son,” a vacation Bible study-type program. facebook.com/One-Hope-Ministries.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER SERVICE: 11 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. (225) 683-8119.
- CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC PRAYER MEETING: 7 p.m., St. Theresa Catholic Church, 1022 N Burnside Ave. (225) 715-2135.
Sunday, June 14
- PASTOR’S ANNIVERSARY: 2 p.m., The Little Rock Baptist Church, 7191 La. 1. In celebration of the 14th anniversary of Pastor Willie O. Richard Jr. Special guests will be the Rev. Cleveland Richard and the Morningstar Baptist Church.
- ROSARY FOR PEACE: 6 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. (985) 222-5922.
- MALE CHORUS: 11 a.m., Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church, 10064 Jone Vaughn Creek Road. The Rev. Troy Williams will speak.
- NURSING HOME VISITATION: 10 a.m., St. Francisville Country Manor. Under the direction of the Rev. Emma Woods, the Sherobee Baptist Church will visit the home. Sister Mary Bolling will speak.
- FOURTH DISTRICT USHERS’ MINISTRY BIMONTHLY MEETING: 2 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 1405 La. 409.
- MIRACLE & DELIVERANCE SERVICE: New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 East.
- BIBLE STUDY: New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 East.
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: Judson Baptist Church, 32470 Walker Road North. Registration open for Vacation Bible School, “Journey Off the Map, Unknown to Us, Known to Him.” Visit jbcla.com or call (225) 665-5481.