Pimento Cheese Spread
Makes about 3¼ cups. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature (Can use “light”)
¼ cup mayonnaise (can use “light”)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
3 cups grated sharp or medium cheddar cheese
½ cup pecans or almonds, toasted and chopped
1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimentos and juice
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1?8 tsp. celery seed
Cayenne pepper to taste
Tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts (or bean sprouts), lettuce, cucumbers slices or fresh squash rounds for garnish
Whole wheat or any bread of choice, crackers or celery sticks, for serving
1. In electric mixer blend cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and parsley until well mixed.
2. Stir in cheese, toasted nuts and pimentos with the juice.
3. Add Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and cayenne to taste.
4. Serve on thick slices of whole wheat or your choice of bread.
5. Top pimento spread with anything you like: tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, sliced fresh squash, lettuce. The spread is delicious piped in center of celery sticks or over crackers.