Cue-ball Zucchini Breakfast Bowls
Yields 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
4 Cue-ball or Eight-ball zucchini squashes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound breakfast sausage
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut off the tops and hollow out the zucchini to remove the seeds. Brush with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
2. Brown sausage and season with pepper, garlic and paprika then drain.
3. Layer a little sausage followed by cheese in the bottom of each zucchini cup.
4. Crack an egg into each cup as the last layer.
5. Bake for 10 minutes more or until the egg is just slightly firm. Serve immediately.