Makes 20 standard-size muffins, or 12 giant muffins.
10 2?3 tbls. butter
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
3 heaping tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup whole milk
2 cups blueberries, washed and picked over, dried with paper towel
Variation: Apple and Nut Muffins:
Use same recipe as above but add 1½ cups peeled, and chopped, (1/4-inch dice), apples and ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts.
1. Grease muffin tins or spray with nonstick coating. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar until well mixed and creamy, just enough for it to be well combined; it does not have to be light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Do not overbeat. Gently, by hand, fold in the blueberries; stir just to mix.
6. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 20 to 22 minutes. Do not overbake. Allow to cool for 5 to 7 minutes in pan then turn out onto wire rack.