Yields 1(9-inch) pie.
1 Oreo cookie crust
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk
3 pts. of your favorite ice cream(s)
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
1 tbl. confectioners’ sugar
1 tbl. vanilla extract
Chocolate sprinkles and/or chopped nuts
1. In a 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup, place the chocolate chips and the milk. Heat on medium-high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir and place back in the microwave for an additional 20 to 30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Pour half of the melted chocolate into the bottom of the Oreo crust and spread it around the bottom and up the sides. Save the remaining melted chocolate to drizzle on the top.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the ice cream and place the scoops around the pie, alternating the flavors as you go.
4. Once the pie is full, gently press the scoops together to close in the gaps. Set the pie back into the freezer to set.
5. Pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer whip it using the high setting. Once the cream is almost stiff, add in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Continue whipping a few more seconds until whipping cream is stiff.
6. Top the pie with the fresh whipped cream and drizzle with the remaining chocolate and sprinkles.
Kitchen Helpers: This is a favorite with everyone and a dessert that kids can make all by themselves. Try using different types of ice cream flavors to create your own signature dessert. Flavors that we like together are chocolate, vanilla and mint chip topped with crushed Junior Mints and chocolate ganache; or, vanilla bean, coffee, and triple chocolate sprinkled with toasted almonds, cinnamon sugar and chocolate ganache.