1 stick butter
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onions
3 ribs celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (12-oz.) pkg. thin noodles
2 cans artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped OR 1 can artichoke bottoms, coarsely chopped
2-3 tbls. dry sherry
2 (6-oz.) pkgs. baby spinach, stems removed
2 (10-3/4-oz.) cans cream of shrimp soup
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 lb. crabmeat (lump or claw), optional
2 lbs. crawfish tails or shrimp
Salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain or Italian flavored)
2 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
1-1/2 tbls. butter, melted
1. In saucepan, melt butter and sautée onion, green onions, celery and garlic until very soft.
2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions and drain.
3. Add artichokes, sherry, spinach, soup, cheddar cheese and cooked noodles to cooked onion mixture. Toss gently to mix.
4. Gently fold in crawfish OR if you’re using shrimp, lightly sautée them in a little olive oil and butter just until they turn pink, being careful not to overcook them because they will cook some in the oven. Add to the casserole mixture, along with crabmeat (optional). Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
5. In small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Drizzle with melted butter, stir to blend and sprinkle over top of casserole.
6. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.