Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta
Makes 24 bite-size servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
1 pint strawberries
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 bag bruschetta toast or one baguette, sliced thin
4 basil leaves
1. Set the cheese out to soften. Chop the strawberries into small pieces.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Add the strawberries and toss to coat. Chill for 30 minutes up to overnight.
3. If using a baguette, toast slices at 350 F for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Let cool on a wire rack.
4. Spread a tablespoon of mascarpone cheese on each slice.
5. Drain strawberries and carefully spoon on top of the bruschetta.
6. Cut fresh basil leaves in strips (chiffonade style) and sprinkle over the bruschetta just before serving.