Chilled Corn Chowder
Makes 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
5 ears sweet corn
2 tablespoons butter
½ onion, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
1. Slice the kernels off the corn cobs and press any “milk” out of the cobs with the back of the knife. Reserve one cob’s worth of kernels for garnish.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Sautee the corn, onion and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in the broth and cream until blended and heated through. Add basil leaves.
4. Remove from heat and place the soup in a blender. Pulse until creamy.
5. Chill and serve cold topped with corn kernels and more basil.