Serves 6. .
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbl. minced shallots
1 tbl. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the garlic, shallots, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper together and whisk to combine.
2. While still whisking, slowly add in the olive oil until all is incorporated. Stir in the cheese; cover and chill until you are ready to toss the salad. This dressing may be made ahead of time and will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
For the salad:
3 cups rotini or penne pasta, uncooked
1 tbl. olive oil
1 cup English cucumbers, diced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup pitted and sliced black olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain well. Drizzle with the olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking and set aside to cool.
2. Prepare the remaining vegetables and toss into the cooled pasta.
3. Pour half of the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to coat.
4. Cover the pasta salad and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
5. To serve, dress the salad with the remaining dressing and serve.
Kitchen Helpers: This pasta salad is a great way to sneak a few more vegetables into your family’s diet. Have your helpers assist you in chopping the vegetables and whisking the dressing. Feel free to add other vegetables to the salad if your family has other favorites.