Spooky Popcorn Cake Pops
Makes 18 pops. Recipe is from The Popcorn Board.
5 cups popped popcorn
1/2 (11.5-oz.) store-bought pound cake
3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
8 ozs. candy melts, assorted colors, for coating
1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
18 lollipop sticks
Decorations for cake pops, such as miniature chocolate chips, blue and red food gel, miniature chewy chocolate candies and food-safe markers.
1. Process popcorn in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add popcorn and frosting, stirring with a fork until mixture is evenly moistened.
3. Form mixture evenly into 18 balls. For ghosts, roll into an elongated triangle, creating a distinct head and body. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes.
4. Melt candy melts according to package directions. If using white, stir in vegetable oil. Color as desired using candy color.
5. Remove balls from freezer. Dip the tips of the lollipop sticks into candy melts and insert no more than halfway into the center of the balls. Let sit 3 minutes until set.
6. Dip one ball into melted candy melts to cover completely. Gently tap stick against the side of the bowl so excess melt drips off. Immediately decorate as desired; candy melts harden quickly.
7. Poke sticks into Styrofoam block to dry completely.