Roasted Corn Salsa
Makes 3 cups of salsa. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 cups cut yellow corn
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 small red onion
1 medium green bell pepper
1-2 jalapenos, diced (optional)
1 tablespoon cilantro
2 medium tomatoes
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Spread the corn and garlic in a baking pan.
3. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat.
4. Roast corn 20 minutes or until some kernels start to brown. Remove from oven to cool.
5. While the corn roasts, coarsely chop onion and bell pepper and dice the cilantro.
6. Cut tomatoes, remove and discard the center and seeds. Coarsely chop.
7. In a large bowl with a lid, toss together vegetables, including corn, cilantro, pepper(s), sugar, lime juice and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
8. Serve immediately with corn chips, as a salad or on top of tacos.