Yields 1 (9-inch) cheesecake.
For the crust:
1-1/2 cups ground Oreo cookies
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Mix Oreos, sugar and melted butter together and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spray the sides of the pan with nonstick spray.
For the filling:
3 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, brought to room temperature
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1-1/4 cup chocolate chips (mixed semisweet and milk chocolate), melted
2 tsps. vanilla
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, for topping
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Caramel dessert topping (we like Nestl? Dulce de Leche)
1. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until blended, then add 1 egg at a time, mixing after each addition.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat the cream until hot but not boiling. Turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted. Mix the melted chocolate chip mixture into the cream cheese mixture being careful not to overbeat. Stir in vanilla and mix well.
3. Pour into prepared Oreo crust, sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped pecans and bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 300 degrees for 1 to 1-1/2 hours until cheesecake is slightly puffed and jiggles instead of sloshes.
4. Turn off the oven and crack the oven door open until cheesecake cools enough to handle. Squirt the caramel sauce across the top of the cheesecake in a back-and-forth pattern, putting about 1/3 cup in all.
5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with more caramel sauce on the side. Decorate with whipped cream.