Makes 8 servings. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
4 Yukon gold potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
3/4 cup evaporated milk (more if needed)
1. In a medium stock pot, bring water to a boil.
2. Peel potatoes and cut in chunks.
3. Boil potatoes about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot or place in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the butter and stir until melted.
6. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher and add salt and pepper.
7. Poor in the evaporated milk then whip the potatoes with a hand mixer until creamy and fluffy.
8. Serve immediately.