Pork and Bean Stew
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
1 (2-pound) pork sirloin tip roast
1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into cubes
2 large onions, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 (15.25-ounce) can black beans, undrained
¼ cup Tony Chachere’s gravy mix
1 cup water
1. Put pork roast, rutabaga, onions, garlic, black pepper and black beans into slow cooker.
2. Cook on Low for 4 hours. Drain any accumulated fat.
3. Mix gravy mix and water together and pour over roast mixture.
4. Cook for an additional 2 to 4 hours.
5. Serve over rice of choice.