Serves 6 to 7. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped bell pepper
Salt and pepper to taste, if desired
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (10-oz.) can Original Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, lightly rinsed and drained
2 (2.25-dr. wt.) cans sliced black olives (or desired amount of sliced green olives if preferred), drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. olive oil for brushing top tortilla
1 (15-oz.) can fat-free refried beans, optional
1 cup sour cream mixed with 1 green onion sliced
1 cup guacamole
1½ to 2 cups salsa
1. Spray 10-inch springform pan with nonstick coating and set aside.
2. Using the base of springform pan as a guide and a sharp knife, place base over tortillas and cut tortillas to fit bottom of pan. Place one in the bottom and set others aside.
3. Brown meat in skillet. Pour off fat and add onion and bell pepper. Season lightly with salt and pepper, if desired, then add taco seasoning packet. Cook until onions are soft.
4. Add Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chilies, corn and black beans. Cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
5. Layer a tortilla in prepared springform pan with 1?3 of beef mixture. Top with 1?3 of the olives and 1?3 of the cheese.
6. Repeat twice with remaining tortillas, meat mixture, olives and cheese,Ending with flour tortilla on top. Lightly brush the top tortilla with olive oil.
7. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven, covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
8. Slice into wedges and offer toppings of refried beans, sour cream mixed with green onions, guacamole, salsa and shredded lettuce.