Homemade Cheddar Crackers
Yields 3 dozen crackers. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3-6 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, pepper and garlic.
3. Cut in coconut oil with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese. Stir in water one tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together. Form the mixture into a ball, wrap and chill for about 15 minutes.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thick. Using a pizza cutter or cookie cutter, cut into squares. Poke a few holes in each cracker with a fork. Place the crackers onto the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and crispy. Cool completely before storing.