Serves 4-5. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
1 large head cauliflower
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves, left whole
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower ahead of time if possible. Remove florets in large chunks. I cut the larger chunks in half. Instead of tiny florets, you want these in larger clumps. Pat dry again with paper towel if necessary. Place in large bowl.
3. Peel and cut onion into eighths. Add to cauliflower.
4. Peel garlic, leave it whole. Add to cauliflower and onion.
5. Add olive oil, salt and black pepper. Toss gently to coat. Spread in single layer in large rimmed baking pan. Bake 35 minutes or until edges are charred. Stir once during baking. (Time depends on the size of the florets).
6. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese together. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle parsley/Parmesan mixture over vegetables. Continue baking an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and vegetables have a nice char on them.