Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies. Recipe is from “Duff Bakes” by Duff Goldman and Sara Gonzales. Copyright © 2015 by Duff Goldman. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1½ cups lightly packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 extra-large egg
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1½ cups dried cranberries
1½ cups chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a big bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, oats, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined, but don’t overmix.
5. Mix in the cranberries and walnuts.
6. Roll the dough into balls of about 2 tablespoons each and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes if you want your cookies on the softer, chewier side; 25 to 28 minutes if you like them a little firmer. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes.