Roasted Sweet White Turnips
Makes 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
1-2 pounds fresh white turnips (whole or chopped)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon thyme, dried or fresh, not ground
1. Preheat oven to 475 F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
2. Wash and remove any little roots from the turnips.
3. Brush the oil over the turnips whole, or toss in the oil if chopped.
4. Place in a single layer on prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and thyme.
5. Bake for 1 hour for whole turnips or 30 to 45 minutes for chopped turnips