Makes one, 10-inch skillet. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
1½ cups yellow cornmeal
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ baking soda
1/4 cup sugar (more if you like it sweet)
2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon rendered bacon fat or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in sour cream.
4. Fold the eggs and sour cream into the cornmeal mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Melt the fat or coconut oil in the skillet and coat the bottom. Pour any excess into the batter and stir.
6. Pour batter into the skillet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.