Yields 6 servings. Estimated prep time is 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and cook for 15 minutes.
1 tsp. salt
2 tsps. minced garlic
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried minced onions
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
1-1/2 lbs. flank steak or boneless beef sirloin steak
3 tbls. olive oil, divided
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size chunks (about 3 cups)
1. Mix salt and all of the spices except red pepper in small bowl until well blended. Stir in red pepper to taste, if desired.
2. Brush steak with 1 tablespoon oil. Rub with 2 tablespoons spice mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
3. Stir lime juice and remaining 2 tablespoons oil into remaining spice mixture. Thread pineapple chunks onto skewers.
4. Grill pineapple skewers over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally and brushing with half of the juice mixture.
5. Grill steak over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing with remaining juice mixture. Slice and serve steak with pineapple skewers.