Serves 8. Recipe is from Amy Whitley.
3 pounds raw shrimp
2 teaspoons salt
1½ tablespoons pepper
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon prepared barbecue seasoning
1½ cups butter, cut into 1-inch slices
8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained (Use small size pasta for appetizer, vermicelli if an entrée dish.)
8 ounces Velveeta cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Wash the shrimp in cold water and drain them for 1 hour. In a large shallow baking dish arrange the shrimp evenly.
3. Combine the herbs, spices and seasonings; sprinkle mixture over the shrimp. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue seasoning and butter.
4. Bake the mixture, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Peel the shrimp when they are cool enough to handle. (Note: I prefer to peel the shrimp before cooking, it is not as messy.)
6. Transfer the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish to a container with a pouring lip. Arrange the shrimp on the spaghetti and pour on sauce. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.