Sweet Meat Bread with Maple Glaze
Yields one standard Bundt cake. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
2¼ cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten until frothy
1 cup mashed, cooked Sweet Meat squash
¾ cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1½ tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, with a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir in mashed Sweet Meat.
5. Alternate stirring in dry ingredients and milk, blending after each addition until batter is smooth.
6. Spoon batter into well-greased and floured Bundt pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to cool in the pan about 10 minutes. Then invert onto a cooking rack.
9. While the cake cools, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and maple syrup. When cake is completely cool, drizzle with glaze and serve.