Easy Blueberrry Muffins
Makes 12 standard-size muffins or 24 mini-size muffins. Recipe is from Corinne Cook.
1 extra large egg
½ cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
¼ teaspoon lemon zest, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease and flour muffin tins OR spray muffin tins with nonstick baking spray (Bakers Joy) and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, whisk egg until blended. Add milk and melted butter, whisk again to blend.
3. In separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add blueberries and gently stir to coat berries. Add lemon zest, if desired.
4. With a spoon, gently stir the flour and berry mixture into the milk mixture, just until mixture is moistened. Batter will be stiff.
5. Spoon into prepared pans to ¾-full. Bake for 20-25 minutes for standard-size pans and about 15 minutes for mini-size muffin pans.