Lemon Lavender Scones
Makes 16 scones. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1½ tablespoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut oil or butter
1/2 sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 to 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in the coconut oil or butter with a fork or pastry blender.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg then whisk together with the sour cream, lemon zest and juice.
4. Fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the lavender flowers.
5. By hand, gently press the dough onto a floured board and shape into a square. Cut the square in fourths, then cut each fourth into four triangles.
6. Place on a lightly buttered or greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly brown.
7. If desired, mix the juice and powdered sugar together to make the glaze. Once the scones are cooled, drizzle on the glaze and serve or serve plain with lemon curd.