Serves 6 to 8. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
½ of (10-oz.) bag dry noodles (add more noodles if you prefer)
1 (16-oz.) bag frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions
1?3 cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped celery
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbl. olive oil
1 (12-oz.) can tuna, drained
1 (4-oz.) jar sliced pimento
1 (10.75-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75-oz.) can cream of celery soup
Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1 cup grated sharp cheese
1. Measure out about half of the dry noodles, or more if you prefer. Cook them according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. In small skillet, sauté onion, celery and garlic in olive oil. Cook until vegetables are tender. Pour into large bowl to mix with remaining ingredients.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables with tuna, pimento and the two soups. Toss in cooked and well-drained spinach and noodles. Stir and season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir in half of the cheese.
5. Pour into 21/2–quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.