Fresh Corn Salad
Serves 8. Recipe is by Corinne Cook, who says, “If you cannot get fresh corn, you can use thawed frozen corn kernels. Fresh corn has to be boiled or microwaved before removing the kernels and making the salad.”
6 ears fresh corn, cooked before removing kernels from cob
2 small avocados, peeled and diced then tossed in juice of ½ lemon
1 cup peeled, thin cucumbers
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3 or 4 green onions, sliced
¼ cup sliced black olives
Juice of remaining ½ lemon
3 tbls. vinegar (I used gourmet rice vinegar)
¼ cup olive oil
3 tbls. water
Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
Garnish of chopped basil, if desired
1. Cook corn and slice kernels from cob. Add to large salad bowl.
2. In small bowl, add diced avocados and toss with lemon juice. Add to corn in salad bowl.
3. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions and black olives.
4. In separate small bowl make salad dressing: add lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, water, salt and pepper. Whisk and taste for seasoning. Add more vinegar if needed.
5. Toss dressing into corn mixture to coat. Can be made a couple of hours ahead of time. Garnish if desired with freshly snipped basil.