Simple Shrimp Scampi
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
¼ cup white wine
Salt, black and cayenne pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh green onions
French bread slices, toasted
1. Peel and devein shrimp and refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. In large skillet heat olive oil, butter and garlic together. Cook until garlic is cooked but not brown. Add shrimp and Worcestershire Sauce. Stir and cook 3 minutes.
3. Add wine and seasoning to taste. Cook another 2 minutes.
4. Add fresh lemon juice, parsley and green onions.
5. Serve over toasted French bread slice with pan drippings over the top along with a good green salad.