Shortbread Mini Tartlets with Kumquat Marmalade
Makes 18 mini tartlets. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
1 cup kumquat marmalade or other jam or preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter and sugar together with a mixer.
3. Stir in flour until fully incorporated.
4. Roll dough out on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 2 half-rounds with a biscuit cutter.
5. Press each round into a mini muffin tin, smoothing out a bowl in the center.
6. Bake shells for 10-12 minutes or until very slightly browned. Cool shells on a wire rack.
7. Stir powdered sugar and vanilla gently into the mascarpone cheese.
8. Once completely cooled, fill each shell with cheese mixture.
9. Top each shell with marmalade or the preserves of your choice.