Broiled Catfish with Cream Sauce
Makes 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
4 large catfish filets (or 8 small filets)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon or Creole mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon capers
1 lemon, cut into wedges
Microgreens or fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease or butter a baking dish. Pat the catfish filets dry and place them in the dish.
2. Whisk the juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
3. Brush half the sauce over the filets on both sides. Sprinkle with capers. Squeeze lemon wedges over the fish then drop the wedges into the pan along with the fish.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the heat on broil. Broil the fish for 5 minutes more or until golden brown on top.
5. Remove from the oven and drizzle over the remaining sauce. Garnish with microgreens or parsley and serve immediately.