Buttery Cheese Biscuits
Makes about 1 dozen. Recipe is from “The Butter Flavor Crisco Cookbook.”
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
3 tsps. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
½ cups Butter Flavor Crisco
2?3 to ¾ cup milk
For parsley on topping:
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. In large mixing bowl combine flour, cheese, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in Crisco to form coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk, mixing with form until particles are moistened and cling together. Form dough into ball.
3. On floured board knead 8 to 10 times, or until dough is no longer sticky. Roil to ½-inch thickness.
4. Cut with 2-inch floured biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. If you want to add parsley or an herb topping, lightly brush top of biscuit with beaten egg. Place the small leaf in center. Brush again with the beaten egg.
6. Bake at 425 F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.