Hello Dollies Candy
Makes 32 candies. Recipe is by Joy Nell Griffin.
1 stick margarine
1½ cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (1 package)
1 cup coconut flakes
12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt butter in a 9-by-13-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Pour the graham cracker crumbs in the pan and press into an even crust.
4. Layer first the coconut, then chocolate chips, then the pecans.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the whole pan.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Lift the paper out of the pan and let the candy cool on a rack on the paper.
8. Once cool, cut the candy into squares with a warm knife or pizza cutter.