Chipotle-Rubbed Beef Short Ribs
Recipe is by executive chef Sonny Creel, Drusilla Seafood Restaurant and Drusilla Place Catering.
1 ounce dry chipotle powder
1 ounce paprika
1 ounce garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 bone-in short ribs
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 ounces beef stock
1 leek, chopped
3 shallots, chopped
4 ounces heavy whipping cream
1. Blend all rib rub ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Rub short ribs with rub mixture and let sit for 12 hours.
3. Place ribs in skillet with olive oil on high heat. Sear ribs on all sides.
4. Pour in beef stock, cover with foil and place in oven at 225 F for 5 hours.
5. Remove from oven and let ribs rest, reserving sauce in skillet.
6. On stove top, heat reserved sauce with leek and shallots until thickened. Add heavy whipping cream and reduce until thick.