2 tbls. olive oil, divided
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 (15-oz.) can diced stewed tomatoes
1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
2 tbls. tomato paste
1. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the ground meat until it is just cooked through.
2. Drain the meat from the pan and return the pan back to the stove.
3. Add in the remaining olive oil and the chopped onions.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onions 2 to 3 minutes or until they are just beginning to become soft.
5. Add in the garlic, kosher salt and crushed pepper and sauté for an additional 10 to 15 seconds or just until the garlic becomes fragrant.
6. Place the browned ground meat back into the pan and stir to incorporate all of the ingredients.
7. Pour in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and the tomato paste and stir until everything is combined.
8. Allow the Bolognese sauce to come up to a simmer. Reduce the heat, cover and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking and burning on the bottom.
Serve over your favorite pasta or use as your meat mixture in lasagna.