Frozen Strawberry Margarita
Makes 1 serving. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons water
¼ cup frozen strawberries
1½ ounces tequila
½ fluid ounce triple sec
1 lime’s juice
1 cup ice cubes
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 wedge lime
1. Make a simple syrup with the sugar and water. In a small sauce pan, heat sugar and water to boiling. Boil 1 minute then remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Blend strawberries, tequila, triple sec and lime juice in blender to combine.
3. Add ice cubes; blend on high until the ice is crushed. Pour in the cooled syrup and blend just to incorporate.
4. Pour salt into a bowl. Rub lime wedge around the rim of a glass. Dip glass rim in salt to coat.
5. Pour margarita into the glass and serve garnished with lime slice or wedge.