Chocolate Marquise with Sea Salt Brittles
Recipe by chef Austin Breckenridge, La Petite Grocery
8 ounces 65 percent chocolate
8 ounces unsalted butter
¼ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
Whipped cream for garnish
Pecans for garnish
1. Melt chocolate over double boiler, gently stir.
2. Whip eggs, sugar and salt until thick and fluffy.
3. Fold egg mixture into the chocolate in thirds until fully incorporated. Portion into bowls or ramekins.
4. Top with whipped cream and pecans.
Sea Salt Brittle
1 cup white sugar
½ cup water
1. Combine sugar and water in saucepan and cook over medium heat until it caramelizes, turning a golden amber-like color.
2. Pour onto Silpat (silicone baking mat). Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool. Break into brittle and sprinkle on dessert.